The Library's Mission
Deschutes Public Library enriches the community through equitable, open access to books, services, and resources that inspire people to reach for their dreams.
The Library's Vision
People learn, thrive, and connect to one another and the world.
The Library's Core Values
- Accessibility - We eliminate barriers and create experiences accessible to all.
- Community - We foster connections and work together to build a thriving, resilient community.
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion - We celebrate differences and provide free and equitable access to library resources and safe spaces without judgment or bias.
- Lifelong Learning - We find innovative ways to inspire and support lifelong learning in a diverse and changing social landscape.
- Service Excellence - We bring respect, compassion, integrity, and expertise to every interaction to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Vision Statement
The Deschutes Public Library enriches the community through equitable, open access to books, services, and resources that inspire people to reach for their dreams. It is our honor and responsibility to serve everyone in our community —across ability, age, gender spectrum, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
We are on a journey to create an inclusive environment for everyone, and value the unique lived experience of each individual. We commit to equipping ourselves with the knowledge and tools to be truly inclusive and seek to embody the values of a growth mindset and an unwavering respect for others.
We invite you on this journey of learning alongside us.