Using Your Library This Week
Posted By: Tina Walker Davis
Date Posted: 10/26/2020
Week of OCTOBER 26, 2020
Libraries are now open for greater access by the community. Hours are:
- Downtown Bend Library, East Bend Library, Redmond Library: Monday–Saturday, 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. (9:00-10:00 a.m. are special hours designated for people ages 60+ and immunocompromised individuals)
- NOTE: The Redmond Library will open at 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 28, due to staff training in the morning.
- La Pine Library, Sisters Library, Sunriver Library: Tuesday–Saturday, 10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Ballot drop-off: Ballot drop boxes are located at the La Pine, Redmond, and Sunriver Libraries. You'll find the full list of Deschutes County ballot drop box locations here: https://www.deschutes.org/clerk/page/ballot-drop-box-locations
We are currnetly in Phase 2 of our re-opening plan, which gives the public increased access to library buildings. While Phase 2 allows greater access for the public, social distancing and public health and safety measures will be in place in all library locations:
- Face coverings are required for staff and customers over the age of five. If you cannot wear a mask for medical reasons, please contact us so that we may work with you to make reasonable accommodations.
- A limited number of people at a time will be allowed in buildings to ensure proper social distancing.
- A limited numbers of computers are available for public use; same-day reservations can be made but are not required.
- Printing and copying are available at no cost during Phase 2; faxing/scanning is also available free of charge.
- Services such as Homeword Bound, interlibrary loans (ILLs), and obituary research are now available.
- Meeting rooms and children’s play areas (early learning spaces) are not available.
Physical books and DVDs can be returned 24/7 via exterior book drops at all libraries. All returned materials are held in quarantine for 24 hours prior to being checked in. Your item(s) will not be late due to being held in quarantine, and Deschutes Public Library does not impose late fines for overdue materials. If you returned an item and do not see its return reflected on your account after 4 business days, please contact us at (541) 617-7050 for a shelf check. Items not returned by 21 days after their due date will be considered lost, and customers are responsible for replacement costs.
You can apply for a library card. Deschutes County residents 17 and older can apply online here by clicking on “Pre-apply online.” For children ages 16 and younger, parents/guardians can also apply online for a library card for the child using the same link. We will process applications online and get a card number to you via email within three business days.
You can access eBooks as well as digital audio books, magazines, movies, music, and more without having to visit your library. Learn more about digital resources here, and find helpful guides here that will help you use these resources.
You can Book-A-Librarian for help with research. You will be connected with a DPL librarian who can answer your questions via email, phone, or Zoom. Get started here.
We are here to help. If you have questions, call (541) 617-7050 during open hours.