Relax, get ooey gooey, and make slime.
It came from the library! Learn all about polymers as you make your own DIY butter slime and galaxy slime.
To participate in this project, you will need:
- Measuring cups
- Glass or plastic bowl(s)
- Airtight storage containers or baggies
Butter Slime Ingredients:
- ½ cup white school glue
- 1/3 cup shaving foam
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ TSP baking soda
- 2-4 TSP contact lens solution (containing boric acid and sodium borate)
- 1 cup Model Magic Clay (yellow)
Galaxy Slime Ingredients Per Color:
- ½ cup white school glue (clear glue preferred)
- ½ TBSP baking Soda
- 1 TBSP contact lens solution (containing boric acid and sodium borate)
- Glitter (pink, blue, black and purple)
- Colorant (dime sized dollop of acrylic paint OR 3-5 drops of food coloring in hues pink, blue, black and purple)
To view this program, click the link below or type this link into your browser (https://bit.ly/2UXwLkF).
This link will take you to a playlist where you will find this program and more fun family STEAM programs.
*Parental supervision required. Slime may stain or cause irritation to skin. Avoid contact with eyes and mouth.