Fees on Library Materials
- The library does not charge overdue fines.
- Customers will be charged the full replacement cost if items are lost or kept for 21 days past the due date. Replacement items are not accepted in lieu of payment.
- With the exception of Internet access, library services will not be available when there is a balance greater than $10 on a library account.
- Items are charged at full replacement cost. Replacement items are not accepted in lieu of payment.
If you owe more than $5.00 pay online through our Classic Catalog. You will need your library card number and pin.
Unique Management Services (UMS)
- Accounts that owe $50 or more from fees will be sent to Unique Management Services (UMS), a material recovery agency used by Deschutes Public Library.
- With the exception of Internet access, library services will not be available once an account is sent to UMS.
- In addition to the amount owed, these accounts will be charged a $10.00 non-refundable fee.
- Replacement costs of returned library items are removed from an account upon check-in; if, the items are in good condition and returned prior to deletion of item records.
- Customer is responsible for payment of the UMS assessed $10.00 non-refundable fee.
- Once the account is paid in full with a zero balance, access to library services is restored.
- If materials are not returned and payment is not made, these accounts are credit reported at 4 months to the national credit agencies; Experian, TransUnion, and EquiFax.
Disputing Fines and Fees
Please contact 541-617-7050 for staff assistance.
Page Last Modified Wednesday, October 24, 2018