Start here if you are considering a purchase or looking for information on a particular product or business.
- Consumer Reports
- Make better purchasing decisions using product reviews, ratings, news and comparisons from Consumer Reports
- General OneFile
- All-purpose resource for magazine articles including consumer information and product reviews/ratings.
- Better Business Bureau Northwest – Pacific
- Check on a business or charity, or register a complaint online.
- Consumer Information Center (Pueblo, CO)
- Free and low-cost federal publications, like the handy Consumer’s Resource Handbook, can be ordered here
or viewed online
- Consumer Price Index
- Bureau of Labor Statistics' CPI and other labor data.
- Consumer World
- Comprehensive gateway to consumer & shopping information, selected by a Massachusetts attorney/consumer advocate.
- Federal Trade Commission – Consumer Information
- The FTC works to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide
information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them.
- Fuel Economy Guide
- Produced the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy, this guide seeks to
help car buyers choose the most fuel-efficient vehicle that meets their needs.
- Oregon Department of Consumer & Business Services
- Information from the state agency that licenses and regulates insurance companies, banks, real estate appraisers,
and building contractors.
- US Consumer Gateway
- An exhaustive set of links to federal government consumer information and news.
Blue Book Price Guides
- Kelly Blue Book
- Automobile prices and more
- Price guides for cars, motorcycles, RVs, boats, and manufactured homes
- The first site on the Internet to provide automobile pricing for free
- BUC Used Boat Guide
- Used boat pricing guide
Page Last Modified Wednesday, April 21, 2021