Start you application online or visit your local library.
- Pre-apply online and save time. When you pre-apply online you'll be able to go ahead and request up to five library items. When your requests are available, visit your local branch, complete the application process, and pick up your requests (Note - proof of residency is required).
- Visit your local branch in person Sign up for a library card in person at your local branch library.
Find your local branch
Library Card Requirements
Library Cards are issued upon complete application. Below are the guidelines to receive a library card. Children's cards require a parent or guardian’s signature.
Requirements (one of the following)
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License with current Deschutes County address
- Current utility bill in applicant's name
- Motor vehicle registration
- Voter’s precinct card
- Imprinted checks
- Fishing and/or hunting license
- Lease/rental agreement
- Deed to real property
- Property tax statement
- Personal mail postmarked within that last 30 days
Youth Under 17
For those under the age of 17, a parent or legal guardian’s signature is required on the Library card application. By filling out the appropriate information and signing the application, the parent is responsible for:
- All materials checked out on the Library card
- Deciding what materials are appropriate for their children
- Allowing the use and type of Internet access (filtered or nonfiltered)while in the Library
Lost Library card / Replacement card
If you’ve lost or misplaced your library card, please notify library staff as soon as possible (Library phone numbers and hours ).
A replacement card is available from your local library for a $1.00 charge or you may replace your card with a keytag at no charge. Please be sure to bring photo identification. If you are under the age of 17 and don’t have a photo ID, your parent or guardian will need to be present and present their photo ID.